The Zion Hill congregation began in 1925 as a Sunday School with the purpose of reaching this rural community with the Gospel. The present congregation is a mixture of people from the local area and some ethnic Mennonites who live in the general area. Our current ministry includes worship services, Sunday school, small group fellowships, an active women's group and youth group, a men's fellowship and summer Bible school.
Zion Hill Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), in the Middle District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference, is located in the foothills of the North Mountain, 3 miles (5 km) west of Singers Glen, VA, and 2 miles (3 km) northeast of Sparkling Springs. In 1925 the first services in this area were held in the home of Charlie Lamb or in the woods near by. The Zion Hill meetinghouse was built in 1927, when L. H. Jones and A. W. Hershberger were serving as ministers. In 1958 Hiram Weaver and Paul S. Good were serving as pastors, with a membership of 49.